Iosco Township Hall Use Policy
2050 Bradley Road, Webberville, MI 48892
Iosco Township believes its Township Hall should be available for the use of its residents according to the rules and regulations adopted by the Board of Trustees. Those rules and regulations are set forth as follows:
The use of the Township Hall shall be consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes and ordinances.
Please read the following rules before submitting the hall rental agreement form. Please enclose a check for $75.00 to hold your date.
A person or entity requesting use of the Township Hall shall file a written application (see below) with the Township Clerk or his/her designee at least two weeks prior to the desired date. This application must be on a form adopted by the Township.
- Iosco Township shall have priority in the scheduling of the Township Hall. If conflicts with the use of the township hall arise, even after a permit is issued, the Township Board has the right to rescind the permit and refund the application fee. The Township will give the permit holder as much notice of the cancellation as the circumstances allow.
- A permit holder is limited to the use of the Township Board meeting room, kitchen and adjacent bathrooms only. All other areas within the Township Hall are off limits.
- A permit holder shall not assign or transfer the permit to any other person or entity.
- A $150.00 security deposit and a charge of $75.00 will be charged to each person or organization using the facilities. The security deposit will be refunded in full or in part, dependent upon the permit holder’s compliance with these rules and regulations.
- At the end of an event, all garbage and trash must be removed from the premises, all carpeted areas must be vacuumed, and the bathrooms cleaned. Failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of all or a portion of the security deposit.
- The permit holder is responsible for ensuring that the use of the Township Hall is in conformance with these rules and regulations. The permit holder shall be personally liable for any damage done to the facilities during its permitted event, from any cause other than gross negligence of Iosco Township.
- The Township reserves the right to reject any application for use of the Township Hall. All permits issued shall be considered a license and not as a lease. Permits are revocable by the Township and if revoked, any permit fees shall be refunded to the permit holder.
- The permit holder agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Township, it’s elected and appointed officials, and it’s employees from any and all property damage or personal injury resulting from the use of the Township Hall, from any cause whatsoever, except the gross negligence of Iosco Township.
- The Township Hall premises must be vacated by 10:00 p.m. unless a later hour is specified in the permit. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to see that this policy is followed.
- These rules and regulations apply to the Township Board, appointed and elected officials, and it’s employees.
- Any violation of these rules and regulations will be taken into consideration by the Township when considering the issuance of a future permit.
- The following rules must be observed in the use of the Township Hall and grounds, and the permit holder shall be responsible for loss or damage resulting from any violation thereof;
- Use of the township board meeting desk and chairs is STRICTLY prohibited.
- Renter may not set up prior to his/her rental date – unless renter has made previous arrangements with the township.
- Renter is responsible for the building key, the key is not to be turned over to any other person.
- Renter must be a resident of the Township and MUST BE PRESENT at all times during the rental period.
- NO SMOKING - Smoking is prohibited in the building and within ten(10) feet of any door.
- NO ALCOHOL - Use of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited on all
- No red pop or punch of any kind.
- Burning of candles or incense is prohibited.
- No decorating anywhere.
- Tables and chairs shall not be removed from the building.
- Parties shall be terminated by pm.
- Renter shall return tables and chairs to the proper racks.
- Thermostats shall be turned to 50 degrees when exiting the building. Air conditioning turned off.
- All doors and windows shall be locked.
- Renter shall deposit the key in the office drop box outside the entrance
door to the offices before vacating the premises.
- Renter shall leave nothing behind to pick up at a future date.
- Renter shall remove garbage and trash from the township property.
- Foul, abusive or discriminatory actions will not be permitted, appropriate behavior and language must be observed.
- Township Board may waive or reduce any or all fees.